- Structural Chart
With over 110 years of history, the American Smelting and Refining Company (ASARCO) is the third largest copper producer in the US, with significant reserves and interesting growth prospects.
After a difficult journey involving various legal contingencies the company incurred long before GMexico became involved, Asarco returned to GMexico's family of companies in December 2009, emerging from its restructuring process as a financially viable and solid company that will generate significant value for our investors.
Asarco's main operations include:
- 3 open pit copper mines in Arizona (Mission, Ray, and Silver Bell)
- 1 copper smelter in Hayden, Arizona
- 1 copper smelter and precious metals plant in Amarillo, Texas
For more information, visit Asarco.
- Annual sales of 220ktp of refined copper
- 5 million tons of copper content in reserves
- 3rd largest producer in the US
- Significant operative synergies with SCC
- Sulfuric Acid